Our client is the creator of one of the world’s best-known FPS franchises and are looking to hire a Design Director to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the game designers in developing their features (e.g., gameplay rules, progression systems, combat systems, weapon attributes, artificial intelligence behaviours, 3Cs, etc.) + provide mentorship and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Extensive game design or related experience + previous experience in a leadership position
- A live service mind set and an understanding of how to craft ecosystems that sustain player engagement over years of play.
- Good knowledge of game engines (preferably Unreal) & their limitations, Photoshop, and the Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- A highly innovative, empathetic, creative, and collaborative spirit
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, problem-solving, organizational, and mentorship skills
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to sift through data and come to meaningful conclusions
- Familiarity with online gaming communities and live streaming platforms (e.g., Twitch, YouTube, TikTok)
- A solid understanding of the market & a passion for video games
- A drive to create an environment of empowerment, to lead with a team-first approach, and to develop an inclusive Design culture.
- Lead the Game Design team to translate the greater Creative Vision into workable Design Goals, requirements, and vision.
- Collaborate with the team to establish best practices and standards for our Game Design process.
- Review and discuss budgets & timelines with the producer + keep the executive team up to date on progress and milestones
- Create a working environment that facilitates autonomy and empowerment within the Game Design Discipline.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, feedback, and play test results, readjusting your design direction when need be.
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components; interpreting data to inform decision-making.
- Occasionally travel locally and abroad to present the game, meet with external partners, visit co-dev studios, etc.
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to evolve our production processes and define our best practices + share them with our studios.
- Create a Design Culture of inclusivity and curiosity, one that is data-informed, player-first, and driven by long-term results.
- Oversee the staffing strategy, requirements, and recruiting efforts for the Game Design Team.
- Full Time Remote Contracts from countries in the EU time zone.
- Competitive market rate salaries.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Medical insurance.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!