Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights.
Currently, we are working on two major projects: Exoborne – a Sharkmob original game created in Malmö, is a tactical, open-world extraction shooter set in a United States torn apart by apocalyptic forces of nature. The second project, developed in London, is another Sharkmob original IP yet to be announced. Our first game, Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, was released on 27 April 2022.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates who are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and, last but not least – having fun! We hope you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, visit our homepage.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Design Manager to manage our talented growing design team on an ambitious unannounced game. As the Design Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading and mentoring our design team to achieve new heights of creativity and deliver industry leading player experiences. Reporting into the Development Director, the ideal candidate will bring a genuine passion for both team dynamics and the discipline of design.
- Establish and uphold high standards for design excellence, influencing the team to consistently achieve the highest level of their craft.
- Recruit, assemble and retain a high-performing design team, ensuring a diverse and talented group of individuals, and cultivate a positive and collaborative team culture, fostering a sense of unity and shared purpose.
- Mentor team members through challenging design scenarios, providing guidance and support.
- Act as a passionate advocate for the design team, inspiring and championing their work within the company.
- Facilitate career development opportunities for team members, ensuring their professional growth.
- Drive ideation, design, documentation, and iteration, setting a benchmark for excellence within the team.
- Provide constructive feedback to elevate the quality of design output.
- Collaborate with Production to craft and execute the design roadmap, aligning with overall project goals.
- Passion for creating and playing games, particularly MMO and RPG games.
- Proven track record of leading, mentoring, and managing other designers in a leadership role.
- Expertise at an advanced level in a creative craft, facilitating effective communication and inspiration.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills to convey the design vision with enthusiasm and clarity.
- Extensive experience in guiding and mentoring a design team through all stages of development.
- Experience with the design and delivery of deep gameplay systems.
- Ability to make decisive choices on design elements while considering project constraints.
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, £2,500 logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (up to £2,000 to spend on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).