OPM’s client is the creator of one of the world’s best-known FPS franchises and are looking to hire a Senior Combat Designer to join their growing team.
The successful candidate will be apart of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Previously shipped a title in a similar role, preferably AAA.
- Excellent knowledge of gameplay mechanics and game features.
- Familiar with Unreal Engine and experience with the creation of Blueprints.
- A great knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Pitch, prototype, implement, balance and ship a wide variety of enemy archetypes and/or bosses.
- Implement character combat behaviours using Unreal features.
- Tune the combat experience at the micro level.
- Work with other departments (Character Art, Animation, VFX, Audio, etc.) to ship characters with state-of-the-art levels of polish.
- Collaborate and structure enemy behaviour in conjunction with overarching RPG mechanics and game progression.
- Create clear and concise, visually oriented design material explaining mechanic, features and systems.
- Coordinate with Leads and Producers to ensure development within available resource and project timeframe allocation.
- Build basic combat level setups to communicate design intents their other departments.
- Full Time Remote Contracts from countries in the EU time zone.
- Competitive market rate salaries.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Medical insurance.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!