We are looking for experienced and passionate DevOps engineers whose passion lies with improving systems for daily operations for build delivery and continuous integration to provide a platform for improving stability for our products. Your interests lie in automation and improving workflow, providing tools and systems for ensuring builds and build stability.
You will be the interface between various teams within the studio and you will be responsible for designing and supervising the implementation of technologies and platforms to support our current and future projects.
You will help to develop and maintain our continuous delivery tools and pipelines for consistent releases with minimal downtime through automated build processes, packaging, testing and deployment. You will identify and address any functional and performance issues as well as security risks and manage, monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure built with a global scale in mind.
- Maintain and improve our continuous delivery tools and pipelines.
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting.
- Research, develop and implement new platforms and technologies to improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products.
- Work closely with production as well as our development teams in the studio to assess requirements and needs.
- Build and maintain production systems with a high availability and minimal downtime.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of practical experience in a DevOps engineering role.
- Expert knowledge of Ansible a must.
- Experience with continuous delivery systems such as Jenkins. Knowledge of Declarative Pipelines in Jenkins is a bonus.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code in a CD/CI setup.
- Experience of credentials management.
- Some experience with shell languages such as PowerShell and Bash.
- Experience with using Perforce or similar source control systems.
- Experience in deploying and supporting applications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, including using related command line tools.
- Experience in hosted and server-less environments, and some experience with Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience with containers such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Some knowledge of relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Knowledge of NoSQL is a bonus.
- Some experience with build systems such as MSBuild, xcodebuild, Gradle or similar systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and team communication skills.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.