Director of Community Management Full time – Remote/Hybrid/Onsite- Cambridge, UK
Are you a leader in community Management, excited by the opportunity to be the driving force for community and social strategies across a range of projects with the community at the heart of everything we do? We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Community Management to join our team at Jagex. As the central driving force for our community and social strategies, you will play a key role in shaping and growing our world-class social teams, while positioning Jagex as a leader in community-driven games.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing you will be key in building the craft of Community Management & social media across the Jagex group. You will ensure that our community managers & social teams (both internal & through partners) have all the tools, data & frameworks needed to be successful as well as ensure they have training and development opportunities to remain at the top of their game. You will take ownership of all cross-product community & social initiatives and will act as the community voice to ensure that all products have a community first development approach.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead community growth for all games within Jagex group.
- Contribute to cross-disciplinary marketing strategies prioritizing player sentiment and community growth.
- Provide craft leadership to internal and external community teams.
- Collaborate with player support, PR, and content development teams to foster strong relationshipsand providing support materials, guidelines, and best practices to uphold community excellence.
- Define and measure success criteria and KPIs for community activities. Manage and expand partner content creators and esports professionals.
- Cultivate relationships with key community partners.
- Develop and train staff on social media and in-game interaction guidelines.
- Manage community budget in collaboration with Marketing directors.
- Build and grow community discipline at Jagex, including team structures and partnerships.
- Act as liaison between Jagex and communities during activation events.
- Represent player voice and provide insights for community-centric development.
- Champion forward-facing community and social media projects.
- Represent Jagex Social and Community as a leading force in the gaming industry.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience and a strong track record in community management and social media strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of various social platforms, including Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, FB/Instagram, Tiktok, etc.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Solid understanding of player sentiment and the importance of community-first development.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to define and measure success criteria and KPIs.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies like chat bots and AI in the context of community management.
- Demonstrated ability to represent an organization as a thought leader in community and social media.
What does success look like?
- Within 3 months you will have completed an audit of our community management & social media capabilities and provided structural, technological & people recommendations. You will have advised on the community strategies across all Jagex games & been an active participant in marketing leadership decision making.
- Within 6 months, based on the previously defined priority areas you will have successfully defined or reshaped community & social strategies across the highest priority Jagex titles. These will be backed with strong KPI’s that you have defined, and they will be trending in a positive direction. You will have updated our social media policy & trained all relevant staff on positive player interactions alongside coaching all community management team members.
- Within 12 months you will have championed community management to all products resulting in roadmap changes that are beneficial to both Jagex & our player communities. You will have explored the latest technology & implemented efficiency improvements allowing us to better serve an increasingly active, growing & diverse community.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.