In this role, you will work closely with your discipline and use your hands-on engineering and management experience as a foundation to coach and mentor individuals in their challenges and growth opportunities. Your goal is to build a strong team of programmers that can handle today's challenges while meeting the company's long-term needs. As a thought leader, your high-value impact lies in the success of the team's project deliveries. You will help to communicate the company's strategies and goals and translate them into actionable goals for the craft and its members. Your experience and expertise will make you an essential resource for the team as you work together to achieve our objectives.
You can relate to and understand the challenges and opportunities of working in high-velocity teams and how to support programmers in their situations and escalate issues to relevant stakeholders.
Part of your role will be to work closely with the Head of Global Craft to define and develop the craft organisation. As a leader, you will drive and support change initiatives aligned with the company's vision and goals, helping create a continuous improvement culture. You will also collaborate with team members to develop and refine working methods, ensuring that the projects operate efficiently and effectively under their leadership and that the team remains up-to-date with best practices and industry standards.
At Avalanche, we embrace being curious, bold and open to new ideas and change; we do this together and win together. A foundation in our culture where everyone is approachable and collaborative, enabling us to improve continuously and be at the forefront of the industry.
What you'll do
- Use your experience from various complex projects and organisations to coach and set best practices for programmes at Avalanche Studios Group.
- Work with competence mapping to understand the short and long-term needs of the Craft.
- Work with other leaders and departments to set short and long-term strategies and goals based on company and division strategy.
- Help define the roles and responsibilities of a programmer
- Drive improvement and innovation within your craft and craft organisation together with other managers within the organisation.
- Work closely with projects and divisions to ensure knowledge and needs as translated into learnings and best practices.
- Own craft staffing and recruitment and plan for succession and employee growth in line with divisions and projects' long-term goals.
- Drive knowledge-sharing and educational opportunities with craft members and create a strong home base for growth and knowledge-sharing
- Work as a thought leader and coach to support members' growth and equip them with the tools and perspective to handle challenging situations.
- Be a role model, actively work with our values, and connect them to our culture.
- Apply an inclusive and servant approach to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Create a strong team environment and sense of belonging across locations
- Work with leaders and departments to set short and long-term strategies and goals
- Drive continuous improvement within your craft and craft organisation together with other managers within the Craft organisation
- Own staffing and be a stakeholder in recruitment, plan succession and employee growth in line with divisions and projects' long-term goals.
- Be a role model and actively work with values and culture
- Drive knowledge-sharing and educational opportunities together with craft mentors
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading and developing high-performing teams and complex projects, and now you want to pass your knowledge on
- Excellent insight into the role of a support organisation in accelerating progress towards business goals.
- Able to remain calm and provide consistent guidance in turbulent situations.
- Experience in the Video Game industry or similar creative industries
- Excellent in building leaders and teams
- Experience working with distributed and global teams
- Passionate about implementing process and structure whilst encouraging creative thinking within our teams?
- Soft skills include curiosity, communication, collaboration, coaching, openness to change, humility, and involvement and engagement as an inclusive team player.
- Experience from live service projects is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Have an inclusive approach to change the status quo and meaningful improvement
The Stockholm location
Our Stockholm office is situated in Södermalm, the beating heart of the city’s game industry. It’s a physical representation of our games – the lush vegetation of Just Cause and theHunter: Call of the Wild meets corroded metal straight out of Mad Max. It has everything you need to make it your creative base camp.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.