Experienced/Senior F2P Designer - Sonic Mobile
HARDlight are looking for a talented hands-on Designer to help craft the future of our live mobile Sonic titles.
The right person for the role needs to be excited to shape the future of mobile F2P monetisation in a way that feels rewarding and fair to our players but allows the game to continually grow and improve.
The team is highly skilled, autonomous, fast paced and agile, they collaborate well and respect each other. To work well with the team, a Designer must be an active collaborator willing to work closely with a diverse, cross discipline group to develop and iterate ideas for features and improvements.
For a Designer to excel in the role, they must be excited and committed to the continual improvement of an existing product that resonates with 100’s of millions of players.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their suitability for the role through multiple years of work on mobile F2P games.
- Being the go-to person for both existing and new features
- Creation of feature specifications that meet both creative and business goals
- Conveying and clarifying elements of design both written and verbally
- Guiding and supporting various teams during feature implementation
- At times working independently to add or tune game features and data
- Gathering and using feedback, both qualitive and quantitative, to implement improvements
- Championing the quality of game features and systems
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills with a desire and ability to work well with others
- Extensive experience designing features for mobile free to play games
- Comfortable working with the tools of the trade: level editors, version control, spreadsheets, scripting, analytics etc.
- A logical thinker and problem solver with a positive proactive approach to games development
- A passion for games of all types including mobile gaming
- Development in Unity is not essential but would help you hit the ground running
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
We are taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.