Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio Tag Games based in Dundee, Scotland. Who have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on its most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join their team on their quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Tags culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best they can be. They are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in their Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join their team!
Tag Games is building a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers and we need a Games Designer to join the team to help do this.
You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines to craft engaging game systems and supporting other members of the design team.
You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have considerable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Take ownership of the design and balancing of dedicated game systems.
- Work closely with key Stakeholders to maintain and advance your area of ownership.
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key Stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges.
- Produce clear and effective design documentation.
- Assist other Game Designers with systems design and spreadsheet modelling.
- Work closely with our dev teams to ensure the correct implementation of designs.
- Playtest, balance, and provide feedback on new game systems.
- Conduct competitor analysis and design teardowns.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.
- Participate in required production related meetings and functions as needed.
- Attend and participate in design related discussions concerning areas relating to or under your ownership.
To do this job, you will need:
- 3+ years industry experience in a game design position.
- Proven experience in a systems design position in at least one project.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- Excellent communication and team working skills, in order to effectively work with Game Design and Product teams.
- The ability to create game systems to provide interesting, exciting and varied play experiences whilst also meeting commercial goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working on AAA titles or Top Grossing F2P games.
- Strong understanding of event-driven live operations in mobile games.
- Strong understanding of systems driven player owned narrative.
- An avid player of F2P mobile strategy games.
- Knowledge of MMO games.
- Knowledge of RPG games.
- Experience in Unity.
- Experience in creating content to support systems design.
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment