Game Economy Designer - Romania
Back to Results
Job Reference: BBBH3678 Job Type: Permanent Sector: Games & Level Design Location: Romania Salary: Competitive Rate
Daily challenges include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
Who you are?
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
- You have strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- You have strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- You have strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- You possess statistic knowledge, you're able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- You have strong marketing knowledge, you're able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- You understand the client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken), concise writing skills
- You are an MS Excel Master
- You have deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones
- You have passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product manager
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer
- Advanced understanding of SQL
Global Games Executive Search | Building World Class Teams | We care about Diversity.
Follow Interactive jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive is an equal opportunity search firm that values diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.
Back to Results
Back to Results