With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, our client is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry.
The successful candidate will collaborate with design, engineering, art and animation teams to create varied and compelling systems, from combat to progression systems.
- Experience designing core systems, analysing gameplay, identify strengths and weaknesses, and recommending improvements – shipped titles.
- Knowledge in designing and writing scripts to handle gameplay systems, basic AI behaviours, state machines and scripted sequences.
- Demonstrated experience of a collaborative approach to game making, showing how you worked together with the other disciplines/team members to realise the best possible game play experience
- The ability to iterate and rapidly prototype gameplay, and implement to quality
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking designs when and as often as needed.
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, calculation models, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- Someone who actively seeks feedback to improve their work while also providing guidance and feedback to your peers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; can communicate clearly and concisely in English
- The talent to create game content that delivers a rewarding, visually exciting and exhilarating experience for the player
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Wide-ranging experience playing a variety of video games, interested in why things work
- Previous industry experience as a Game Designer
- A portfolio of work that speaks to our need and requirements
- Knowledge and experience with game development tools and scripting languages – ideally Unreal Engine
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Collaborate with design, engineering, art and animation teams to create varied and compelling systems, from combat to progression systems.
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- 6 x life assurance
- Social events – including large summer party
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!