Gameloft’s greatest reward is making games millions of people enjoy all around the World.
Gameloft has been proudly crafting games since 2000 and have been downloaded over 5 billion times and counting. Despicable Me 2 and Asphalt 8 are in the top 10 most downloaded mobile games ever.
Talented Gameloft employees all over the world have created several of the most successful franchises in mobile game history, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
Gameloft's employees put passion into every pixel of their games which is why licenses like Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, Ferrari® and LucasArts trust Gameloft to develop games for their highly prestigious brands.
Gameloft is a part of one of the world’s largest media groups, Vivendi, which gives them the mana and resources to set the highest expectations and aim for the very best.
At Gameloft Brisbane, we believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it's working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
Since opening in 2014, Gameloft Brisbane has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball on Apple Arcade and the official successor to the original phenomenon, The Oregon Trail™ on Apple Arcade.
- We are committed to not only making high quality fun games, but commercially successful games as well.
- We develop AAA games for many different genres and platforms.
- We are close partners with the Unreal Engine team and Evangelists.
- We are always looking for ways to improve as an individual, team, studio and company.
- Diversity is Key - varying backgrounds, perspectives and viewpoints are critically important to being successful as a team.
We are currently looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our team. The successful candidate will participate in the production of new games for mobile, and will work with well-known licences!
A Gameplay Programmer's abilities are expected to be focused on the core gameplay features for a game project and support of the game-specific tools.
- Mastery in programming.
- A good understanding of common game technologies, processes and software development. Knowledge of one or more:
- Rendering pipelines
- Online multiplayer
- Capable of independent work within a skill-set (e.g. programming, debugging, math, etc.)
- Able to generate tasks for their backlog to accommodate game design requirements (with guidance from the team lead).
- Able to independently use documentation and guides to complete work or overcome impediments.
- Able to rapidly prototype as well as produce the final code.
- Able to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase and existing processes.
The impact to a project expected from a Gameplay Programmer is focused on consistent and disciplined delivery. Therefore, we expect the Programmers to:
- Display a high degree of discipline in following outlined programming processes.
- Create high-quality software within industry-standard timelines.
- Complete gameplay features to the quality set by the code leadership in a dependable fashion.
- Create supplement documentation when required.
The behaviour of a Gameplay Programmer is best described as relentless dependability. We expect our Programmers:
- Be alert and communicative about any impediments to their ability to deliver.
- Be driven to excel and improve themselves and the team around them.
- Provide constructive feedback and be helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Be constructive and forthright about what is improbable, the project, and the team.
- Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in programming, preferably in the video-game industry
- Solid understanding of modern C++, and, preferably, Python
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
Nice to have
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Programming experience on Mobile Devices and/or Consoles
- Experience with SVN, Git, Perforce or other version-control systems
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Project Bonuses
- Private Health Insurance Subsidies
- Relocation Assistance
- Work Life Balance
- Hybrid Working Model - 2 days per week WFH
- 4 Weeks Personal Leave Annually (vacation)
- Additional Days Off Over Xmas Break
- One Additional Leave Day Per Month
- Flexible Hours & Time Off
- Birthday Leave
- Gym & Sports subsidies
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friday Afternoon Beers
- Studio Mascot - Mr Hendricks
- Centrally located in the heart of Brisbane city
- Spectacular Dedicated Roof Top Terrace
- Break Out Room & Games Areas with Gaming consoles
- Commercial Grade Espresso Machine
- Full Kitchen incl. All Day Light Breakfast, Fruit & Snacks
- Yoga Classes
- Secured Bike Storage
- Close to public transit
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Gameloft by clicking on the Video below.
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.