One Player Mission’s client is on the lookout for a talented AI/Gameplay Systems Programmer who is passionate about open-world systems with a focus on realism, as well as memory and performance optimisation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of their unique game development studio in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The role centres very much around being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Develop, maintain and extend current core population systems and technology.
- Prototype, design and implement new systems collaboratively with Engine, Gameplay and Design teams to create a state-of-the-art open-world simulation.
- Tackle macro and/or micro level tasks, from improving engine-level systems to working on higher level systems that will affect the feel of the wider game world.
- Focus on memory and performance all the while striving for more realism, believability and accuracy implementing systems with finite resources.
- Work together with engine, gameplay, and design departments to deliver features on schedule.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Expert commercial games programming experience.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- A technical understanding of open-world mechanics and technologies.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!