Generalist Programmer to join this studio at the concept phase of their new co-op horror IP for PC and Console.
They are in the early stages of defining and building their new game for PC and major consoles. You’ll be joining a highly talented, diverse team of developers right at the start of a new project.
As a part of the programming department, you’ll be expected to be a creative problem solver, work closely with other departments, and implement features in a way that pushes the quality upwards.
What you will do:
- Design and implement code for game features in C++ using the Unreal Engine
- Write reliable and maintainable code
- Work and collaborate across multiple disciplines such as Game Designers, Artists, Producers, and QA
- Be a proactive member of the programming team who participates in code reviews and decision making
- Foster knowledge sharing
- Taking a game from pre-production all the way to release and post-launch support
- Generally, be an awesome person that takes initiative and builds amazing things!
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of experience in PC and Console games
- Good knowledge of two or more fundamental game development skills such as gameplay, online multiplayer, performance and optimization, graphics, 3D math, physics, or AI
- Good understanding of C++
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine
- Good debugging and problem-solving abilities
- A good team player with good communication skills
- Curiosity for future developments of technology in the games industry
- Preferably a shipped AAA or AA title
- A love for video games
- 30 days vacation
- Monthly development day for personal projects
- Annual company conference
- German lessons if wanted
This role can either be based in Germany, Sweden, Norway or Greece.
CVs to email@example.com