Group Reporting Manager
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
The Group Reporting Manager is a newly created position and will play a pivotal role in our SEGA of Europe (SOE) Finance team, looking after several monthly manual consolidation and cash flow tasks. Working with the Director of Group Reporting, you will play a key role in Japanese financial reporting and will be the first point of contact for any questions from Head Office Group Finance and overseas auditors. You will develop strong relationships with those key stakeholders as well as maintaining good relationships with our pillar studios, and our wonderful SOE Finance team.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will be a dynamic financial reporting manager with considerable post-qualified experience in either an in-house finance function or in private practice, ideally working on a multinational scope. You will have strong initiative, and attention to detail, and will be capable of building excellent relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead participant in the monthly, quarterly, and annual Group Consolidation.
- Coordination with local reporting teams, and/or other Finance functions i.e., Business planning, Head office finance, etc.
- Training local reporting teams, and/or other Finance functions on standards where required.
- Responsible for Goodwill and acquisition accounting, liaising with Japan where required.
- Responsible for all IFRS 16 leases across the group, including all reconciliations.
- Responsible for development cost reconciliation.
- Responsible for intercompany reporting.
- Work with the Director of Group Reporting director to ensure all revenue is compliant with IFRS 15 and adequate documentation exists.
- Cashflow forecasting.
- Treasury management.
- Ensure all queries from Japan are met in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all the audit requests for the areas of responsibility.
- Assist overseas studios as required.
- Provide ongoing management of and develop improvements in the consolidation process, including systems.
- Supporting the SVP of Finance and Director of Group Reporting with technical accounting issues and ad-hoc projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent) with 2+ years PQE.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS reporting, consolidation reporting policies, and accounting controls.
- Technically competent.
- Audit experience and familiarity with fast closing procedures is an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Personable character, able to communicate with staff at all levels of seniority, from all departments, including non-finance staff.
- Team player, ability to manage work for more than one team.
- Ability to identify priorities and work unsupervised.
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent finance system skills (Oracle R12 preferred and knowledge of BI tools).
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).