DIGITAL SALES TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE DIGITAL SALES DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Reporting into the Director of Digital Sales, the Head of Digital Sales will provide day-to-day management of the Digital Sales department and cooperation with internal departments (operations, marketing, physical sales, etc) while working closely with the Digital Sales Director to improve ways of working in the department and drive overall commercial returns. This role ensures the continued growth and development of SEGA globally; so that a full coverage of sales, marketing and commercial strategies are created and structured in response to the ever-changing demands of the Video Games market and consumer trends across SEGA’s titles.
Focus will be given to the evolving Steam business & managing internal relationships with SEGA Pillar studios.
- Deliver business identified in the Financial Year Business Plan, demonstrating creativity & drive to deliver new release and catalogue promotion initiatives. Embody the SEGA culture and strategy of a studio & consumer driven business.
- Works with Digital Sales Director to agree areas of focus and opportunities for improvement in the digital sales department and work to deliver these with the wider digital sales team and internal stakeholders.
- Be the link between day-to-day activities worked on in Digital Sales department and senior management’s strategic planning to align activities to longer term goals.
- Manage and ensure ongoing growth of direct reports in the department and work with Digital Sales Director to position department correctly for future requirements.
- Strong involvement with the partnership between SEGA, Two Point Studios and key digital platforms and 1st parties (Steam, Epic, Sony, Nintendo, MS, Stadia, etc), building strong ongoing commercial relationships and updating pillars on new opportunities.
- Develop strong internal relationships with the Marketing and Sales teams ensure collaborative strategies and awareness across the business, fully optimising the release of all titles and aligning between departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable track record of launching digital games on PC and Console (Mobile a bonus)
- A strong sales or business development background within the games industry
- Team and direct report management experience
- Experience analysing data with BI teams and draw conclusions to drive commercial decision making
- Demonstrable experience working with internal and external partners (especially development studios)
- Proven track record of successful product planning for launches and ongoing product lifecycles
- Experience with ongoing monetisation through games as a service model.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.