This role presents an amazing opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join the team as an HR Manager in a fast paced, creative environment with some of the very best in UK Games Development. Not only will you be able to work closely with game developers, you will also work with Head of HR and the Senior Management team on your project, along with the wider HR team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic HR team supporting our Total War team contributing to the delivery of world-class video games within our award-winning studio. The Total War is a long-standing game development team of approximately 300 developers, with multiple titles in production at any one time.
You will manage a team of two – Senior HR Advisor and a HR Advisor and work closely with the Head of HR to ensure alignment with the overall HR objectives.
Part of your role will be supporting employee engagement, talent development, change management, onboarding for new recruits, flexible working, and diversity & inclusion at all levels across the project. You will work closely with the Learning and Development team to ensure L&D initiatives are delivered, and the Recruitment team to support recruitment within the Total War Team.
As a result, you will be required to build trust and confidences across the team whilst performing the full range of HR generalist duties. As a part of a small but experienced HR team, you will effectively and confidently deal with employee relations issues and give guidance on studio and wider policies.
As part of your role, you will be supporting performance management at all levels across the project and ensuring learning and development initiatives are delivered. Excellent communication skills are vital in this position and you will be responsible for reporting on attendance, flexible working, sickness, disciplinary and performance issues to key members of the leadership team. To support this, a part of the remit of the HR Manager will be required to provide routine and ad hoc HR reports, analyse the data and make relevant recommendations to the Head of HR.
You will need to be familiar with current employment law and apply company HR policies and procedures where relevant, providing accurate advice and offer suggestions for improvement. During periods of growth on your project, there will be a need to support recruitment initiatives at peak times. As an ever-evolving business, there will be opportunities for ad hoc HR project work. This is an excellent opportunity to practice HR in a creative and truly people focussed environment.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven HR generalist experience
- A flexible team player and self-starter who is well organised and detail orientated
- The ability to listen and influence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Management of complex employee relations casework
- Understanding and good application of current employment law
- Commitment to encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Proven experience of working in a busy HR department and driving performance in alignment with company and HR objectives
- Onboarding new recruits
- Manage flexible working arrangements
- Support talent development
- Applying company values to people management processes
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Ability to successfully problem solve and apply the right approach
- CIPD qualified
- Proficient in MS Office packages; specifically, in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Previous experience within a creative digital or technological environment
- Experience as an HR generalist
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.