Java Developer (6-9 month FTC)
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
As Java Developer you will be part of our dynamic Online Technology team who sit within our Tech Services department and support the development of our customer-facing and backend applications, to help us take advantage of advances in technology and to streamline development according to standards. It’s an exciting time for the team with a vision to integrate emerging technologies into the company and to be at the cutting edge of development, and as Java Developer you will play a key role in executing this vision by coding and maintaining systems across on the company.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You are Java Developer or a Backend Developer with considerable experience, ideally working within a fast-paced commercial environment. Essentially, you will have a passion for gaming/entertainment, and will thrive working in a team environment within an enjoyable and supportive culture.
- Analyse, design, implement, and test enterprise-level applications/microservices using industry standard technologies in an Agile environment.
- Support and enhance live systems.
- Investigating integration of new and emerging technologies within the company.
- Provide detailed documentation regarding developed services.
- Guiding and suggesting technology for core business requirements.
- Designing the usage patterns and assisting in the Integration of our services within online systems and client applications.
- Help build a rich roadmap by planning and enriching the work backlog.
- Take an active part in product planning meetings to technically define the requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Expert Java 8 knowledge is required with experience using the Spring Framework (Boot, Core, Web, MVC, OAuth2, AOP).
- Proficient and strong experience in a wide range AWS services for both architecting solutions and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of developing and architecting solutions in a Microservice-orientated environment.
- Experience using a number of testing methodologies including TDD and BDD.
- Proven experience working in an Agile–SCRUM working environment.
- Experience of Designing, Configuring, and using a CI/CD pipeline and working practice.
- Proven experience using AWS Serverless technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, Swagger, YAML).
- Experience using a number of database technologies including NoSQL, Apache Spark, and Spark Streaming, RDBMS (MySQL, Redshift).
- Experience using enterprise messaging services and high-performant data pipelines including Kinesis and SQS.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (our cultural and ethnicity network), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).