This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games Studio
Our client is seeking a Lead 3D Artist to join them on a new unannounced project
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and overseeing the creation of high-quality visuals, models and supporting the artistic direction of the game.
- Solid experience in a similar position, within the games industry (AAA experience preferential)
- Experience as a Lead
- Expert understanding of 3DSMaxMaya or Blender
- A good understanding of Photoshop, ZBrush and Substance PainterDesigner
- expertise knowledge of real-time modelling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, etc.)
- Strong high & low poly modelling and texturing skills
- Strong portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity
- Experience with a game development cycle
- Strong understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Lead and mentor a team of artists
- Accountable for the quality of the models & artwork and ensure that they are produced on time
- Building up the art direction for the project by working directly with the Art Director and Creative Director
- Create realistic 3D models and textures including characters, creatures, and weapons in accordance with the artistic direction, production deadlines, and technical specifications
- Supervise the outsourcing process; ensuring outsourced work is high quality and on time
- Take part in performance follow-ups in collaboration with the Producer
- Work in partnership with the animation team to help define modelling standards for rigging, deformation, and simulation within performance budgets, and other run-time requirements
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!