"To apply: Ref - 5150600. Reporting to the Managing Director, and responsible for Leading our team of animators across two projects, you’ll look to improve the way we do animation, and work with other Leads for our upcoming project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be the point person, key advocate and voice for animation in the studio.
• Manage, support, mentor and develop, the animation team.
• Contribute to the studio's internal dialogues on various animation issues and giving feedback and suggestions to other animators on their work.
• Act as the key driver and agent of change to improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the animation department
• Work close with other animators and contribute to their development / help with mentoring.
• Understand the high-level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into animation standards that can be used by others in the game.
• Identify and manage risks for animation within the schedule by liaising with Production.
• Gather, process and appropriately implement animation feedback from internal and external playtesting
• Write documentation as needed for animations, and for animator support and training.
• You'll animate realistic characters, including facial animations, using keyframe and motion capture pipelines.
• You'll assist with overseeing motion capture performance recording in-house.
• You'll handle motion capture data and deliver final cleaned up animation in a game ready state.
• You will be a crucial member of the Animation team, helping to develop pipelines from Maya/Motion builder to Game Engine.
• Experience leading and supporting other Animators in a Senior or Lead role
• Demonstrate strong Keyframe and Motion capture skills.
• Familiar with motion-capture animation and the facial pipeline for games.
• Proficient with Maya and Motion builder.
• Have an understanding of and can implement gameplay animations from concept to game engine.
• Know the animation pipeline from design to deployment.
• Able to receive and apply critique on your work.
• Good at working to a deadline and managing your own time.
• 3+ years experience in game animation, and at least one shipped title.
• Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
• Able to document and explain work clearly and concisely.
• Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the visual arts.
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.