About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them our little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. After Hospital we had a dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call “Two Point County”, and in 2022 our latest game Two Point Campus was released. With us being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital and Two Point Campus , we’re now pushing forward with our next games to continue to make our “Two Point County” dream a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
About the job
We’re looking for a talented Lead Artist to join our studio. Reporting to the Art Director, you’ll take on the management of the internal art team at Two Point Studios as well as leading and inspiring on the art requirements and standards for our multiple projects in development. As well as leading on art across our games you’ll also still have time to create assets and contribute to what we have in development; it’s not just a lead & management role.
In this role you’ll be working with the Art, Code, Design and Animation teams to contribute ideas and work together to cohesively make our game shine in all aspects. You’ll be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and inspirational leader who can bring people together to make an excellent game. Developing, supporting and mentoring those in your team will also be a major part of the role to ensure the art team is happy, motivated, improving and working well with the rest of the studio. Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, solid work ethic and a positive, friendly attitude.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Management of the internal team of artists including; regular 1:1s, development plans, mentorship and hiring. Being a Leader of the art team to develop them, support them and drive them to be as amazing as possible at what they do.
- Working with the Art Director to be another representative and champion of the art direction, quality and standards for our games.
- Working with the Production team to plan the art requirements of our games so that we have a realistic view of what’s required from art and a plan to deliver it across the game’s development
- Working with the Production team to plan the milestones and sprints for all our artists across our games so that everyone always knows what they’re working on.
- Working across the development team (code, design and animation) to deliver the best cohesive experience and ensure all art developed works amazingly with all other aspects of the game.
- Working with the Art Director and Production team to plan any outsourcing / external development and involved in the documentation, review and feedback process with external companies,
- Developing further the pipelines and processes for art creation across the studio to ensure efficient development is possible and manageable.
- Organising asset tracking and asset management to ensure we have a view on what has been completed, what is the status and what is left to do.
- Asset creation from modelling to texturing to materials.
- Possibly level creation and layout in conjunction with the design team.
- Optimisation, technical, pipeline and efficiency tasks.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A drive to manage and organise a group of very talented artists and work with the Art Director on leading with the art for our games.
- A team player who is passionate about working with design to make the best game in terms of art and gameplay.
- A passion to develop, mentor and support others.
- Fast and efficient 3D modeller.
- A creative eye and care for art direction in your own work and the work of your team.
- Knowledge of major 3D software packages.
- Experience with Unity or other recognised game engines.
- Able to communicate effectively with fellow artists, designers and programmers
- Establish technical guidelines for the creation of assets.
- Real passion for making game art.
- Previous experience in managing a top tier industry art team.
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Played Two Point Hospital and/or Two Point Campus and are familiar with the games.
- An ability to see the funny side of almost anything.
Why work with us?
- As part of SEGA Europe you’ll be joining a dynamic family of studios that includes Creative Assembly, Amplitude, Relic, Sports Interaction and HARDlight. Cross-studio events promote a sense of community and a collaborative culture.
- Our brand new offices, based in the centre of Farnham, are readily accessible by car, train or bus. We completed a long-awaited move during lockdown and our headquarters are beautiful, shiny and fresh out of their luxurious box.
- Work among, learn from and contribute to an experienced team. Hear plenty of classic stories, as well as the odd scandalous anecdote, from the industry's past.
- Whilst we do have a very Flexible working policy, we are only considering applicants that are able to work from our Farnham offices.
- Generous bonus scheme.
We also offer a great benefits package!
- Generous pension scheme & income protection.
- BUPA private medical, dental insurance & health screening.
- Babylon app (24/7 online access to healthcare info services, prescriptions and GPs).
- Life insurance, spouse/partner life insurance, critical illness cover & will writing.
- Travel insurance.
- Udemy training licence.
- A range of flexible benefits, including: discount cards, gym-flex scheme, home technology purchases and ride to work scheme.