One Player Mission are delighted to be working again with a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning videogame series & with 30 years of success behind the studio, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world’s biggest entertainment properties.
They are seeking a Lead & Senior Render Tech Programmer to develop your team through mentoring, encouraging learning and skill development and recruiting new members.
- Architect high quality, performant rendering solutions across a wide range of consoles and in-house projects and lead the team to deliver them
- Work closely with Art teams to determine project rendering requirements and develop efficient content, workflows, and overall visual style of the game.
- Convert requirements into actionable tasks and manage team to deliver them
- Keep up to date with latest developments in real-time and game rendering
- Maintain quality of codebase through the establishment of good software engineering practices.
- Develop the team through recruitment and mentoring.
- Liaise with external partners including other tech leads from other studios within the organisation.
- Number one requirement is a passion for real-time computer graphics and desire to continually learn
- Strong C++ and software engineering skills and the ability to instill those in others
- In depth understanding of 3d rendering APIs (DX12, Vulkan, console APIs, etc.) and experience of using them.
- Strong understanding of GPU architecture and function and how to optimise and debug them.
- Knowledge of how to optimise content, code and algorithms to maximise performance and minimise memory usage
- Comprehensive understanding of modern, high-level real-time rendering techniques and how to implement them.
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, GLSL, CG, or similar
- Industry experience of team management is a plus, but would also consider a skilled and passionate render specialist who wishes to step up to a lead role and provide appropriate training and support.
- Experience of Unreal Engine development beneficial.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!