Creative Assembly is looking for a senior brand professional, to join our talented team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
Working closely with both the CA development teams, and SEGA publishing teams, you will oversee and lead a talented team responsible for our outbound marketing activities and global brand strategy.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker, with a proven track record of success in a similar position and the confidence necessary to define and shape the brand marketing and positioning strategy for a development project that will form a new 10 year plus franchise pillar for the studio.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid or fully in-studio depending on candidate requirements. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Lead Brand Manager, you will be key in driving and delivering the strategic marketing plan and budget for the most significant new title CA has ever released, working closely with the development team to help define the brand strategy and its go to market plan. From a marketing perspective this will also include setting plans, communicating objectives and strategies, creating assets, implementation of post-execution analysis, whilst working in partnership with the SEGA publishing teams on global marketing implementation.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Set plans, communicate objectives and strategies, create assets, implement post-execution analysis
- Play a pivotal role in contributing to and managing key licensor relationships
- Work in close partnership with the SEGA publishing teams relating to global marketing roll-out
- Lead by example, whilst imparting knowledge gleaned across previous roles to coach, mentor and empower team members within the brand marketing team to continuously develop
- Be an essential part of a close-knit leadership group, allied with the development teams, as well as a fulcrum within the wider cross-functional marketing team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of entertainment brand/product ownership and product launches
- A motivated self-starter with experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Superb relationship building and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills.
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry would be appreciated
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working with creative or media agencies would be valuable
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry is desirable.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.