OPMs client are currently seeking an experienced and talented Lead Concept Artist to lead their internal concept art team and manage concept outsourcing with external studios.
The successful candidate will be working on high-quality projects developed with Unreal Engine.
- Manage your team by having 1-t-1, conducting annual reviews and mentoring team members
- Prioritise and organise the team’s day-to-day tasks to ensure progress and on time delivery
- Work on different visual styles from Realistic to stylised
- Providing constructive Art feedback and coaching your team
- Communicate with Art Direction and HR about team-related topics (training, career opportunities, etc.).
- Create 2D concept art under requirements with high efficiency, including characters, backgrounds, buildings, props, and scenes
- Assist Art Director and Designers to establish game world in the vision of the game concept
- Research and propose concept references
- Manage outsourcing teams and plan their work
- Communicate with other teams to anticipate, manage and resolve dependencies
- Shipped 1 or more games as a lead concept artist/outsourcing manager
- Extensive experience at a game studio working as a senior concept artist
- Team management experience and ability to guide and motivate your team
- Hands-on experience with project development pipelines
- Ability to work on different visual styles from realistic to stylised
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Modelling/mapping/texturing skills.
- Experience with 3D modelling tools (for quick 3D block-outs and handovers)
- Experience with open-world games.
- Having a problem-solver mindset
- Ability to prioritise
- Storyboarding experience.
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday
- Competitive salary
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214413!