Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Environment Artist at their Sheffield studio. They are looking for a world-class artist with a wealth of experience in driving quality standards on AAA console titles.
This is an incredible opportunity to shape some of the most exciting and groundbreaking video games currently being made in the UK.
- Be responsible for creating high-quality environment art.
- Lead the Environment Art team, maintaining quality and development for Sheffield’s artists.
- Develop art guides (art documentation, style guides, process documents and feedback loops).
- Ensure that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented and performant.
- Have a keen eye for environmental storytelling and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Have flexibility in terms of creating artwork in differing styles and genre of game.
- Should be able to work well with others.
- Proactively seek feedback from Creative Directors.
- With production, break down tasks and schedule your own work and that of the junior environment art team.
- Mentorship – give constructive feedback and clear direction to junior environment artists.
- Document processes and knowledge share.
- Proven track record in at least 3 shipped titles (preferably AAA).
- Excellent 3D art skills.
- Experience mentoring and providing feedback for more Junior Artists.
- Excellent compositional, world-building skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Expertise in 3ds Max or Maya (or both).
- Knowledge or use of Zbrush.
- Expertise in Photoshop & other technologies utilised in the production of game art.
- Knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer.
- Expertise or knowledge of implementing artwork into Unreal Engine 4 or Unity.
- Familiarity with developing games in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- The ability and eagerness to learn and adopt new software, tools and technologies.
- Able to work with a high level of motivation & self-direction.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to follow process and pipelines, evangelise best practices.