Analytics, Data Science and Engineering (ADSE) is the heart of player, product, and business insights on our games. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a center of growth for our studio in unlocking insights into our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge technical, game design & analytical skills to provide insights and actionable results. The Lead Game Analyst will deliver insights, learnings and guidance to game and business development staff and have a significant impact on the direction of our games and studio.
Key Duties Include:
- Lead a small team of analysts to deliver insights that guide decisions on product and feature roadmaps
- Drive deep, impactful learnings by working across data, game design and research to deliver a story driven direction based in data
- Responsible for designing and maintaining telemetry events for current and future content updates
- Create automated reports and dashboards to share insights across the studio
- Grow relationships across the studio to promote a data-driven partnership
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering to version control, documentation, and reproduction
- Play the game and know it from the inside out to deliver insight most effectively
- Proven commercial experience applying statistical analysis to consumer, user, or player behaviours
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience
- Advanced skill in SQL and a statistics language (e.g. Python or R)
- Leadership skills and a solid work ethic
- Fluency in statistics and datasets
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with quantitative techniques including regression, classification, and clustering
- Experience with dashboarding software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Dundas)
- Familiarity with modern data architectures (AWS, Snowflake, OLAP)
- Superior attention to detail, natural curiosity, and ability to problem-solve creatively
- Previous experience in the games industry
- Previous experience leading analysts while also delivering high quality insights
- Familiarity with statistical IDEs like Jupyter Notebook or PyCharm
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.