One Player Missions client is looking for a Lead Game Designer to join their game development team at a well-known game development studio. They have experience in creating multiplayer components for AAA console or PC titles.
The successful candidate will manage the design for the whole game or own one area of the game completely, acting as a mentor to designers and deputy to the Design Director, and communicating game vision to the team.
- Strong understanding of game design, with a specific area of interest, e.g., narrative, game-feel, retention, usability, player motivation.
- Industry experience in a Lead position on at least one AAA console or PC title featuring a multiplayer component, preferably a 1st or 3rd person shooter.
- Ability to think and communicate in terms of player experience.
- Experience working independently and solving problems.
- Leadership experience, including managing a multi-person design team and planning, challenging, and refining task estimates for junior designers.
- Proficiency in communicating vision and getting buy-in from teams and stakeholders.
- Comfortable writing quality design documentation, including wiki-based design documentation, flow charts, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of industry trends regarding genres, gameplay, development and financial models.
- Experience in prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, Unity, or similar.
- Understanding of systems, systemic design, emergent gameplay, and the role of procedural content generation in development.
- Owning whole feature designs of the game, and sometimes the whole game itself.
- Pitching initial ideas, getting feedback from feature teams, and getting prototypes up and running.
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching Game Designers on the team, and working alongside Production to help realise their designs in the build.
- Assisting teams with balancing, considering necessary metrics, and informing about development restrictions.
- Leading focus group sessions, gathering feedback, and sharing findings with the product team.
- Communicating well with external partners, the Press, fans, and the community, and speaking in pre-recorded sessions and live events.
- Presenting the areas of the game you are responsible for to the studio and acting as the deputy to the Design Director.
- On-site and Hybrid working patterns.
- Performance-related pay system, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance scheme.
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family.
- 25 days of holiday, 8 Bank Holidays a year, and annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, 24/7 digital GP service.
- Extensive Mental Health support, Line Manager Mental Health training, Mental Health First-Aiders, on-site or remote counselling.
- Bespoke Learning and Development course framework.
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427!