Our client, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the the largest group of developers in the world.
As their Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a PSVR 2 action shooter based on a global franchise, they are looking to add a team member who has a great affinity with the player experience and can collaborate across discipline to craft gameplay that showcases the game’s mechanics, characters and setting to make memories that stay with the player.
?Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to steer implementation of engaging game features and systems for ground-breaking VR games and experiences? Then please apply!
- Supports creative leadership in shaping a project vision and translates it into a design strategy.
- Manages the design team, setting goals and ensuring the work done meets the project vision.
- Collaborates across disciplines to make the development process as smooth as possible.
- Create high level briefs that inspire and encourage innovation in the team.
- Doing hands on work that sets standards and inspires others to contribute to the studio’s success.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have worked in a Lead Designer role throughout the full dev cycle of a high-quality console/PC title, more than once.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- You can demonstrate a track record of effective leadership working with high profile IP’s.
- You are highly skilled in many areas of design, from UX, AI, mechanics and systems to level and narrative, and you have the track record to prove it.
- You are skilled in Unreal Engine development and are unafraid to get hands on if needed.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have experience in a leadership role developing high quality VR games or experiences.
- You have a track record of fostering a team culture that promotes innovation and inclusion.
- You possess an affinity for environment art and/or good drawing skills
- Creatively minded and knowledgeable about design as a broad discipline
- You have excellent communication skills, especially in terms of presenting level designs to a cross disciplinary group
- A self-motivator, resilient and resourceful
- You are eligible to work in the EU