Tuna Technologies is looking for a highly experienced indie game developer with a proven track record of developing, implementing and releasing high quality games in Unity for PC/Mac/Console. You will be responsible for the development, testing and code quality of our games.
You will be solving complex problems and raising the technical bar. You effectively collaborate with others to provide technical and game expertise to identify issues and work with others throughout the development process remotely - from start to finish. As a key member of a small team, you have the opportunity to have the code you write deployed quickly, improving the gaming experience for our players.
This position is remote and with an initial six months contract, with the possibility of being extended or being a full time position.
- Help project lead in identifying project scope and technical requirements.
- Assist in making architectural and resource allocation decisions.
- Own the implementation of new game mechanics or the improvement of existing systems.
- Coordinate with others to discuss feature direction via Discord.
- Provide direction, estimation, and tracking of tasks.
- Explore sustainable/flexible approaches for tool and system improvements.
- Deliver products from start to finish across desktop, console, and potentially mobile.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experienced at all aspects of indie game development including shipping
- At least 2 shipped titles as lead or solo developer
- Five years of Unity development and C# experience
- Experience with the full production cycle of a project, from prototype to release
- Familiarity with optimization for Unity and platform specific needs
- Capable of independently handling technical designs and implementations
- Proficient in version control systems and practices
- Deep understanding of memory allocation and time complexity
- Enjoy being part of a small, creative and friendly team