A great opportunity has opened for an experienced Lead Level Designer to join a lovely AAA studio. This role is offered at their studio in located in London.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help establish core Level Design pillars, ensuring game vision is upheld and constant across all disciplines
- Work across multi-disciplinary teams to create fun and visually appealing levels
- Provide regular effective feedback from playtests
- Facilitate constant and efficient communication between team members
- Mentor, coach, and develop junior members of the Level Design team
- Maintain up to date with Level Design Documentation, ensuring Level Design guidelines are met
- Identify and manage risks within the schedule with production
- When necessary, regularly and effectively communication with any external partners or publishers, managing those relationships
Who you are:
- 5+ years working experience as a level designer, with no less than one shipped PC/Console title in a senior level designer role.
- 3+ years Unreal Engine 4 experience or similar as well as advanced understanding of developer tools and software.
- Solid level editing tools and node-based visual script logic.
- Experience 3D level editing tools e.g., Unreal 4, UnrealEd, Hammer etc.
- Experience prototyping maps and gameplay mechanics using UE4, UE3, Unity or similar
- Experience writing high quality and through design documentation
- Experience with source-control applications e.g., SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain etc
- Great English written and verbal communication skills
- Private family medical care.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Supportive team, offering flexibility around core hours.
- Great work-life balance and supportive team.
- Lovely location.
Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 2778.
Big Planet is an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.