One Player Missions client are looking for someone with a creative artist background with a cinematic eye and the technical understanding to deliver a given art vision. Good problem-solving capabilities and a good understanding of PBR pipelines are a must. As lighting and shading are such a key features, your input and collaborative approach will be key to achieving our quality benchmarks.
- Deliver high-quality lighting solutions.
- Be the studio point of contact for all lighting knowledge, both creative and technical, owning the creative vision for lighting.
- Be the advocate for lighting and shading and maintain best practices and in line with peer products.
- Create or oversee all lighting work, both in studio and outsourced.
- Create well written lighting documentation with clear examples and case studies.
- Work with Producers and the Art lead to ensure a realistic project scope.
- Manage and mentor studio lighting artists to ensure a preferred house style.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Hold a high personal work standard and be the standard bearer for lighting benchmarks for the studio.
- Have working experience and hands on knowledge of lighting, post-pro optimisation and associated technical lighting and colour pipelines.
- A thorough knowledge of lighting be it cinematic, traditional or games.
- Can work effectively with outsource teams and provide clear and easy to follow guidance.
- Own implementation of lighting and PBR set up from start to finish.
- Positive and grounded attitude, open to collaboration.
- Able to communicate key ideas and simple wins both creatively and technically.
- Be able to work remotely.
- Friendly and collaborative nature; able to interact with other disciplines effectively
- Previous experience as a Senior lighting artist.
- An interesting portfolio showcasing a solid knowledge of lighting work and key discipline traits such as cinematic lighting, colour theory and dynamic vs baked approaches.
- Experience with lighting in a PBR pipeline/ game engine.
- Experience with PBR technical set up and a variety of different lighting approaches.
- Experience in Maya and a solid understanding of modern shader libraries; presentation experience in Marmoset, Substance, Vray, Unreal.
- 5+ years games industry experience required.
- Shipped at least one project throughout development cycle on console or PC-preferably as lead or senior.
- Comfortable presenting lighting work, updates and pre-production work to the development team and senior management
- A passion for games with a good understanding of the games industry, development cycles and professional workflows
- Working experience in UE4, Unity and in-house game engines such as Frostbite, the White engine or Decima.
- Knowledge and experience with lighting and post pro animation and a keen interest in cinematography.
- Experience in man management and mentoring.
- Has worked within an agile development methodology.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415