A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Lead Producer for Old School RuneScape you will be quality focused, lead by example and develop trust and respect amongst the team with the ability to direct and improve planning, development and release processes on a continuous basis to meet product vision and quality goals. You will be detail focused and expert at balancing team resources, development requirements and product goals to deliver game features and content ensuring that the right priorities are set to create clarity and focus for the team to support key objectives. Key Duties:
- A key part of Old School’s leadership team you will be help define and drive the future of the game.
- Partner closely with the leadership group and wider team to deliver on development and roadmap objectives.
- Create clarity for the game team by working collaboratively with product managers and content developers to drive requirements and outcomes
- Work closely with the game team to develop criteria and a framework for a successful live game and game updates, driving development and execution excellence to meet product goals
- Work closely with the Product team and Analysts to help steer the decision making and green light process for new game updates and features
- Manage and work with the Production Team to organize and improve the production processes, identify problems and blockers to enable the predicable delivery of releases to quality
- Create good working relationships, managing cross team communication of development plans, requirements, and status to all areas of the business and external partners
- Focus on risks assessment, define mitigation plans that deliver on great outcomes for the team and product.
- Extensive team leadership experience, inspiring high performing teams.
- Strong analytical mind with excellent people and communication capabilities
- Extensive and proven experience in game development and live games on multiple complex projects
- Applied expertise using AGILE, SCRUM, LEAN and Waterfall on small and large-scale development
- Avid game player with a passion for creating innovative and compelling games experiences
- Knowledge of MMORPGs would be ideal
- Experience with analytics and data driven decision making a plus
- Understanding of social/mobile dev and platforms, app update policies and processes a plus.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.