Position: Lead Producer Exclusve role to Amiqus
Location: Remote Working (UK)
About the Client
Milky Tea is an award-winning video game development studio based in Liverpool. Their exceptionally talented team work across the UK and the EU, developing memorable gaming experiences using the latest technology for some of world’s biggest brands, platforms, and publishers.
Overview of Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented Lead Producer to take the helm of our game development team. In this pivotal role, you will steer the creation of exhilarating PC, console, and mobile games from concept, to launch. You'll be the driving force to ensure our games meet deadlines, budgets, and our exceptional quality standards.
As Lead Producer, your leadership is the cornerstone of our success. You'll provide clear direction and vision, enabling our talented team to turn creative dreams into playable realities. From ensuring seamless day-to-day operations to championing innovation and excellence, your impact will resonate through every aspect of our game development journey.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build robust project specifications, roadmaps, and costings adaptable to changing environments.
- Produce detailed production plans, assign day-to-day tasks through daily scrums, establish deadlines, and ensure efficient execution while maintaining quality standards.
- Conduct risk assessments and produce mitigation plans.
- Optimise Jira project architecture to enhance team productivity and provide clear, insightful progress reports to both the team and management.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the production team, facilitating internal and external communications to create comprehensive project briefs and resolve any issues promptly.
- Articulate a clear vision for each project, setting distinct objectives, and supervise the team to ensure adherence to the brief, deadlines, and quality standards.
- Forecast requirements for additional resource (including freelancers) to meet the project demands.
- Maintain a roster of freelancers covering a wide range of skills to meet skill/resource gaps.
- Where necessary and with prior approval of the GM/CEO, outsource and manage external resources to fulfil aspects of work.
- Using your creative skills and expertise, provide hands-on support for projects when required.
- Oversee the leadership team, ensuring cross-functional collaboration and effective delegation. Responsibilities include performance monitoring, target setting, and overall fostering cohesive leadership.
- Inspire and align your team to the company’s strategic goals and to be highly productive.
- Promote a healthy work/life balance, contributing to your team’s overall job satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Identify training requirements of team members and plan how needs will be met.
- Participate in and run internal brainstorming sessions and game jams to develop creative ideas for new internal and external projects.
- Provide clients with creative solutions, proposals, and quotations to their brief when required.
- Identify opportunities to build new partnerships or collaborations that assist the business.
- Contribute where necessary to Milky Tea’s annual business strategy and help the business achieve annual sales and targets Encourage team wide awareness of industry trends and potential opportunities for Milky Tea.
- When necessary, attend client and publisher meetings and present proposals and production plans.
- When necessary, represent Milky Tea at exhibitions, events and meetings in the UK and overseas.
- With the support of management and suppliers, write company letters, contracts other administrative documents.
- Ensure you and your team follows all administrative protocols of the business.
- Help drive continuous business improvement by identifying, creating, and implementing policies, procedures, forms, and new processes.
- Where necessary carry out other none core related duties to help other business functions achieve their objectives e.g., Game Exhibition planning, operations, set up etc.
What We Are Looking For:
- 9+ years in the gaming industry.
- 3+ shipped titles ideal
- A qualification in Project Management (i.e., PRINCE 2, AGILE, etc.)
- Expert-level Jira proficiency
- 5 years’ experience in line management.
- Experience in a smaller/indie studio.
- Agile experience is a distinct advantage.
- University degree in a relevant field is a distinct advantage.
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of game design philosophies, game asset production, and creative production processes.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of self-reflection and continuous self-improvement.
- Be able to effectively and efficiently delegate tasks to the team.
- Be able to present data with ease.
- Be able to think critically, and apply analytical skills to find simple, robust, and efficient solutions to complex issues.
- Be able to handle shifting schedules, priorities, and multiple projects.
- Be willing to learn, take on new responsibilities, and evolve your skill set.
What We Offer:
- We offer fully remote working.
- We have a flexi-time working policy, core working hours are between 10am to 4pm.
- You will receive 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays, and an additional 1 days paid holiday “Birthday Bunk Day” per year.
- After 2 years of continuous service, your holiday entitlement will increase year-on-year by one extra day’s holiday up to a maximum of five additional days.
- You will be offered private medical, dental and optical insurance.
- You will be offered a competitive company pension scheme.
- You will be entitled to the company performance bonus scheme. We pay a company performance bonus depending upon the financial performance of the business. (This is once a year after completing 12 months employment).
- We hold regular team social events throughout the year (Virtual and non-virtual).
- We will supply you with a company laptop and/or desktop.
- Company parking permit will be available if required.
To find out more get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org now