Our client is an exciting sandbox game studio based in Austria, looking for a Lead Programmer to join their dynamic team. As part your role you will be responsible for the development of gameplay features, services and tools and lead the creative programming vision for the studio. This role is offered fully remote or on-site at their studio in Austria.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure you and your team produce high quality code and create amazing gameplay experiences
- Lead a team of programmers and work across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver on the vision of the game
- Mentor and help junior members of the coding team
- Anticipate, identify, and solve technical issues
- Communicate with project stakeholders, external partners, and team members to ensure smooth development and visibility
- Keep up to date with the latest software engineer methodologies and principles
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in a programmer position or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience and proficiency using Unreal Engine 4
- Deep knowledge and understanding of gameplay systems
- Good understanding of physics in video games
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior members of a team
- Competitive salary with flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance provided to one of the most liveable and cultural cities in the world
- Generous bonus scheme
- Professional growth and training offered
- Friendly and supportive work environment
If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference 2707.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency, we value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.