OPM’s client is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new unannounced projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Backend Engineer to help create them.
To ensure the safety of their staff moving forward, all their employees are now using a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
As a Senior backend engineer on their new unannounced title you will assist with technical leadership, architectural guidance and mentoring for the backend team. You will collaborate closely with game feature teams, but also with other disciplines such as design, gameplay and UI, to create online services to drive game features such as progression, inventories, purchasing, customer support and much more. With a strong focus on scalability and performance, you will be responsible for flexibility, reliability, performance and efficiency of their backend related services.
- In-depth knowledge of more than one software language including Golang
- Experience of building microservices,
- Strong knowledge of distributed services and scalable architectures
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases.
- The ability to deploy, run and troubleshoot your own services.
- SOLID principles and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
- You are experienced with Docker, Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.”
Even better if you have:
- Experience in the games industry or related fields.
- Familiarity with gRPC
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!