Project: Console/PC Multiplayer Games
OPMs client create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. They work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Working closely with project leadership to plan long term road maps and improve development processes.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Write clear, maintainable and scalable code as needed
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead a gameplay development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design to planning and establishing roadmaps, implementation, and bug-fixing.
- Able to analyse and debug unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
- Has knowledge and experience driving an agile methodology within a team.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design gameplay systems.
- Ability to review and give feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!