This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Open World PC / Console Game
OPMs client is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join development on production of an online AAA open world title.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing gameplay systems with minimal guidance, providing technical assistance, and mentoring junior members of the team. You will be required to work proactively with additional disciplines to resolve difficulties swiftly, elicit clear requirements and translate them into adaptable, reusable solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or comparable experience.
- Professional experience working on gameplay systems, having shipped a minimum of one AAA PC or console game.
- Robust C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Able to tune gameplay systems based on high level design input with minimal assistance.
- Understanding and ability to utilise multi-threading primitives.
- Understanding and ability to utilise high level networking concepts.
- Adept at reading and quickly understanding complex code.
- Algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real world vs theoretical performance).
- Able to plan work to build an entire sub-system including external dependencies.
- Aspiration to work in a fast-paced start-up company environment.
- Detect and debug technical problems swiftly and efficiently.
- Deliver world class quality gameplay systems using suitable levels of abstraction.
- Prioritise, plan, and manage the work of the team with minimal oversight.
- Help define the technical direction and develop new solutions for difficult gameplay difficulties.
- Mentor junior members of the programming team and communicate clearly with disciplines with minimal external help.
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximise efficiency for both development time and runtime performance.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays, and risks to delivery of the lead/director.
- Request support from higher level leadership when necessary.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!