OPM’s client is a world class team of diverse and multi-national talent who are well known for crafting memorable gaming experiences.
The successful candidate will be an established Lead or an experienced Senior looking to advance their career into a Lead role.
- Previous AAA experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience supervising and/or leading others in a professional capacity.
- Previously shipped a title in a sound design position.
- Experience mentoring sound designers, providing constructive feedback, shaping career progression and training.
- Experienced with commercial or in-house audio engine solutions, workflows, and practices.
- Effective communication, listening and interpretation skills.
- Able to work pragmatically and multi-task projects.
- Expert level creative sound design skills and a high level of technical standards with the ability to plan and deliver whole audio systems while being quick to master new in-house tools and software.
- Work with Project Audio Directors and supervise sound design delivery, ensuring conformity to project specific requirements and aesthetics, incorporating franchise led initiatives / strategies.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the project(s) sound design scoping and proposing budget requirements, consulting with the sound design director, project audio directors and dev team.
- Identify, cost and propose project needs for studio and location-based sound effects recording sessions and oversee the planning, execution and delivery of such.
- Plan, oversee, and partake in the creation and implementation of all sound design content for your projects, having oversight on all technical areas.
- Mix audio content into games with an expert hand, using in-house tools and other 3rd party software and liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure all aspects of your teams’ content is fully tested.
- Mentor direct reports on craft, game tools and systems, collaborating with sound design director to develop career and training plans for team, including recruitment.
- Hybrid Contract (2 days onsite and 3 days remote)
- Flexible working.
- Enhanced holiday allowance, Maternity, and Paternity breaks.
- VISA and Relocation package for you and your dependents.
- Private medical and dental insurance.
- Annual bonus’.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!