OPM’s award-winning client is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Technical Artist to join production on their innovative PvEvP first person shooter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the progression and development of the technical art team. You will lead a team of 3 Technical Artists and work together in interdisciplinary teams and in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Function as the technical art department lead, mentor, manage, and motivate a team of Technical Artists to help create some of the most advanced/unique content seen in video games
- Oversee the development and advancement of art pipelines including tools, workflows, and validation
- Work with the art director, technical director and other departments leads to realizing the project’s creative vision
- Write and maintain technical documentation for standards, pipelines and processes
- Provide feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as technical artists and game developers
- Establish qualitative and performance benchmarks and guide the team in reaching them
- Lead by example in finding creative solutions for complex technical art problems that exceed player expectations and set examples for other technical artists
- Extensive experience as a Technical Artist
- Established experience in a leading position
- Deep understanding and extensive professional experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Shipped at least one game as senior or lead technical artist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with 3D and 2D content creation tools
- Able to work harmoniously with a diverse team and handle the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Good programming skills, preferably with C++ and Python
- Significant expertise in procedural content creation and placement
- Experience shipping a multiplayer open world game
- Experience shipping a game with seasonal content releases
- Relocation bonus and support
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!