We are working with a co-development studio who works with global AAA clients, working on multiple and exciting projects, offering plenty of variety. They are looking to appoint a highly skilled Lead UI Artist to join their growing teams, to create graphics and world-class user interfaces for their projects and also overseeing all the UI artwork.
What will you be doing?
- Create beautiful icons, menus, buttons and front-end HUD graphics, for engaging and intuitive interfaces - from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, bug fixing and polishing
- Collaborate with other departments to make the user experience intuitive and useful
- Exploring new techniques and refining the UI
- Inspire, motivate and mentor the UI team to produce consistent high-quality work
- Ensure the consistency between initial vision and final assets
- Promote processes and pipelines, define budgets and create concise documentation of best practices
- Schedule the art workload and monitor output
- Update tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline
Who you are
- An experienced Lead UI Artist in the games industry, with an updated portfolio showcasing your UI or UX skills
- Experience with modern UI animation processes, strong sense of timing for animating UI elements
- A clear understanding of art fundamentals; colour theory, proportion, layout, composition, typography, iconography and use of negative space.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular)
- Experience in Figma / Adobe XD or similar prototyping tool and in After Effects.
- Various other tools and processes used in game development, including current game editors such as Unreal.
- Technical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience of mentoring and sharing technical knowledge with junior team members
- An interest and passion for new game art techniques and emerging UI/UX trends
Market related salary, flexible working hours, private medical and dental insurance scheme and so much more!
Please forward your updated PDF or Word CV along with your latest URL portfolio/showreel links to email@example.com quoting reference 2619.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.