We are looking for a creative and passionate individual who enjoys working with designers and programmers to translate game design requirements into great user experiences. You will be responsible for the visual communication of information to the player across the game.
The Lead UI/UX Artist will manage a small team at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria to create a world class user experience and a uniquely identifiable visual style. You will be able to offer insights that drive the way our projects are shaped and directly influence our players’ gaming experience.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio and applications without such will not be considered.
As a Lead UI/UX Designer, you will be consulting widely to gather UI requirements, developing wireframes, maintaining consistent UX patterns, iterating designs through prototyping, developing style guides/visual designs and managing the final implementation to ensure the designs are flawless and frictionless.
Communicating effectively and presenting ideas confidently, as well as good organisation, time management and prioritisation skills are key to this role.
You will be an enthusiastic UI/UX designer who has a full appreciation and understanding how excellent UI can positively impact the player experience. You will lead the team with passion and enthusiasm, giving effective direction and feedback to experienced artists and mentor developing junior artists.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience with product ownership, communication with project client and coordination of development teams on complex UI projects
- Proven UI/UX experience from concept to delivery
- Excellent graphic design skills – typography, iconography, layout, colour theory
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and written in English and Bulgarian
- Solid understanding of UX methodologies and how they apply to game UI design
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how.
- Experience in development of a title from start to finish with an understanding of the process of delivering the game
- Wide understanding of the full range of games in the strategy genre
- Understanding of user research methods
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.