A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for a Lead web designer to manage the web design team in the creative services department. The candidate must exhibit expert design skill and the ability to creatively direct a team of graphic and UX designers. This position will work closely with existing front-end programming strike teams So excellent communication skills are a must. Responsibilities will include developing product websites for our range of game IPs, updating existing sites and creating compelling landing pages to support User Acquisition. Additionally, versatile web components will need to be designed for multi-site use. This is a fulltime position and is well-suited to creative self-starters with an aptitude for problem-solving and building a positive creative experience for our players. To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience building web pages from the ground up and modifying and improving pre-existing content. This role is office based, with some remote working support.Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss the needs of the site or project and have a complete understanding of requirements, brand, and goals.
- Crafting expert solutions for responsive web design across multiple browsers and mobile devices.
- Closely following existing brand guidelines to create compelling web content.
- Research industry best practices in web design and ensure they are reflected in our process
- Coordinating with front-end and back-end developers to ensure web and app logic is properly integrated
- Working with marketing and research teams to incorporate brand elements and relevant market research findings into website
- Provide creative direction and leadership to the web design team
- Extensive hands on Web Design experience
- Significant experience working on web design in multi-media industries e.g., video games or film
- Exceptional Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exception Problem Solving skills
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Advance knowledge Figma and/or other prototyping software
- Higher knowledge of Digital Media usage and implementation on Web Sites
- Experience in both graphic and UX design
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.