Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
To support the continued growth of our business, we are hiring for a newly created Legal Executive role to join our team of 7 dedicated Legal and Business Affairs staff with the goal of providing a collaborative, pragmatic, and value-driven approach to partnering with the business. Sitting within SEGA Europe’s publishing function, our team support the publishing business and studios across all disciplines within the business, including product development, marketing, sales, commercial publishing, data privacy, and compliance. We also regularly interact and cooperate with the Legal departments at SEGA of America and SEGA of Japan on global issues affecting SEGA.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will be a legal executive or paralegal with some experience working in private practice or a commercial in-house legal function. You will have sound knowledge of IP and commercial law and will thrive working in a dynamic process-driven environment. You will be a proactive, collaborative team player, with the ability to build strong relationships with the legal team and a diverse range of stakeholders in the business. Your development will be supported by a team of lawyers that pride themselves on quality and building an enjoyable and supportive culture.
- Negotiating, drafting, and advising on numerous types of agreements, including;
- Talent agreements for voice-over, artists, localisation, music, etc.
- Reviewing software licenses;
- Marketing/sponsorship/influencer agreements;
- Competition terms and conditions;
- Supporting the management of SEGA’s IP portfolio.
- Supporting our compliance team on Data Protection and privacy matters.
- Advising the creative and marketing teams on innovative marketing campaigns on our digital channels.
- Researching legal issues to evaluate the impact of the changing legal landscape on SEGA’s business.
- Reviewing game content to provide clearance for any copyright, trademark, publicity, and other issues.
- Assisting the process for execution and filing of contracts using our document management and invoicing systems.
- Support the Legal team with the implementation of new systems and tools to improve operational efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Legal Executive / Paralegal with 1-2 years experience. Commercial experience within the video game, media entertainment, and technology industries is desirable.
- A foundation in negotiation and drafting, and a desire to learn how to apply these skills to a broad range of commercial agreements.
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to provide practical and commercial advice.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Good organisational and time-keeping skills, high attention to detail and motivated to carry out routine administrative tasks.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and embrace the full spectrum of humanity, believing in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from; Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include: DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).