This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPM are looking for a talented and experienced Level Designer to join their passionate team. This is an excellent opportunity to help create a deep, exciting game world.
- Create, design, and build gameplay in a large open world environment
- Produce and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, objectives, and other gameplay-related entities
- Work with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design
- Work alongside other Level Designers to define and refine layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
- Work closely with the narrative and art department to conceive and design environments
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels
- Experience on a shipped open world title in a relevant position
- Deep knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unreal Engine or similar)
- Understanding of emerging trends and mechanics that inform modern multiplayer game design
- Able to analyse mechanics and apply them to current game design
- Great interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written skills
- Work and communicate constructively in a friendly work environment
- Strong understanding of motivation drivers, learning theories, and usability
- Strong understanding of players’ psychology
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!