One Player Mission are pleased to be working with a long-standing client keen to deliver high-end interactive and immersive AAA experiences. They are seeking an experienced Lighting Artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will take ownership of the lighting of environments and characters for one of our clients games, ensuring that it meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
- Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief.
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
- Established experience as a lighting artist or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
- An excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
- Professional experience in Unreal Engine, or similar (UNITY, CryEngine, Frostbite, etc.)
- Professional experience in Maya
- Knowledge of Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
- Working knowledge of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold would be useful.
- Compositing and colour grading experience is preferred.
- Our client makes big games with small teams – you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!