LIVE OPERATIONS MONITORING ENGINEERLIVE OPERATIONSBASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORDREPORTING TO THE LIVE OPERATIONS MONITORING MANAGERA BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA’s Live Operations Monitoring Team are looking for a bright, motivated, energetic team member. You will get the chance to work on supporting and maintaining live games services, online services, corporate infrastructure and security for all studios. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with shift patterns including bank holidays, so you’ll need flexibility with your working hours and a can-do attitude along with best effort is essential.
Based at our HQ in Brentford, the team offers 24/7 support 365 days a year to the business and our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the business and have a huge influence in ensuring that our online and corporate infrastructure is a success.
The role encompasses working with all IT departments Server, Networking, Web Development, Security and Linux, thus ensuring you can get the best career opportunities available for you along with detailed training plans to progress your IT career objectives.
- The Live Operations Monitoring team continually monitor all our studios’ infrastructure and network performance, security monitoring, vulnerabilities, online activity and most importantly game performance.
- We use various SIEM (Security Information Event Management) solutions/tools for real-time monitoring & log analysis, live tracking systems, live ticketing systems, data visualization via dashboards & analytics providing the business with live Business Intelligence.
- Environmental monitoring for data centre and control access for vendors.
- Escalation of discovered vulnerabilities within the infrastructure.
- Accountable for internal & external security auditing using various tools.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are adhered to, all events, issues and tickets.
- Attends group meetings and general staff meetings.
- Preparation of weekly status reports and recap emails as necessary.
- Creating procedural documents/guidebooks as necessary.
- Flexibility to work additional hours if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working within an office environment, with a desire to pursue a career in IT
- You must be able to provide clear, concise and constant communication both written and verbally in emails and ticketing systems.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications is essential.
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes, proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure.