A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Analytics and Data Sciences (ADS) is the heart of player, product, and business insights on our titles. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a center of growth for our Studio in unlocking insights about our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge analytical skill with game knowledge to drive incredible player experiences. If that is you then we should talk! The Marketing Analyst will deliver insights learnings and guidance to game and business development staff and have a significant impact on the direction of our games and our studio. Key Duties Include:
- Provide actionable market and player insights to address key strategic & tactical questions
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports
- Analyzes external and internal player data using database queries, spreadsheet models, web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools
- Analyzes A/B and multi-variate tests, communicate results and provide recommendations.
- Grow relationships across the studio to promote a data-driven partnership
- Lead marketing insights projects that guide decisions on marketing road-maps, using a variety of data sources.
- Brainstorm with marketing teams to direct ambiguous questions or metrics into impactful analysis
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way.
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables.
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering version control, documentation, and reproduction.
- Play the game and know it from the inside out to be able to explore data effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen
- Experience in marketing data and statistical analysis
- Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working skill in SQL and a statistics language (e.g. Python or R)
- Experience with dash-boarding software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Dundas)
- Experience automating data processes to minimize manual effort
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Crafting a clear message for your audience using complex ideas and insights in a simple to understand manner.
- Strong domain knowledge in assessing digital products, working in an analytics environment in core statistical modeling and toolsets
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics
- Previous experience in the games industry
- Familiarity with statistical IDEs like Jupyter Notebook or PyCharm
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.