Avalanche Studios Group and its creative division Avalanche Studios is looking for an Experienced Mission Designer to join our team. Avalanche Studios is the division dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open-world games like Just Cause and Rage 2. The team is moderately sized which will give you fantastic opportunities to influence the product alongside you pushing the boundaries of your discipline.
The PositionAs an Experienced Mission Designer, you will be responsible for concepting, crafting and implementing story-based missions into an open-world framework. Utilising existing gameplay mechanics and game loops as a basis for the missions you will use your creativity to produce compelling, varied and challenging scenarios.
In addition to the story-based missions you will also be involved with designing and implementing repeatable content and other game features that utilise the mission tools; all of which will be achieved in a proprietary editor.
- 3+ years of level/mission design experience, ideally having worked on an open-world title
- A strong knowledge and understanding of open-world game design
- Experience in writing narrative and dialogue
- An excellent understanding of visual scripting, with demonstrable examples of work in this area
- The ability to communicate ideas and requirements clearly to stakeholders
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving.
- A designer’s mindset
- The ability to work closely with other departments, with an understanding of dependencies and associated workflows to collaborate on overlapping systems
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team
- Passion for games and game design
Employee PromiseWe provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Our ValuesAt Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to ApplyWe will only consider candidates who have submitted their CVs and who can work from the office a few days a week.
To apply for this position, please register below. Apply as soon as possible, as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only.