Project: AAA Console / PC games
OPMs client is a well-established developer based in Guildford, who are seeking a Network Programmer work on their latest studio title for the next gen.
The successful candidate will be experienced working on published console titles with a strong understanding of commercial industry tools.
They will join a dynamic team and provide support through the architecture, design, implementation, and optimisation of the layer that connects players, and drives games.
- Strong experience as a Network Engineer in the games industry
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Proficient with debugging real-time applications
- Deep understanding of network, multi-threaded and concurrent programming
- Assist with the design of the architecture for the network components of their games
- Implement, and fine tune the needed code
- Work closely with the gameplay engineers using the provided interfaces
- Analyse, and optimise on the wire data
- Understand, and solve intricacies of network issues, such as high latency, low bandwidth or firewall traversal scenarios
DESIRED SKILLS (nice to have):
- Experience with at least one, or two extra languages under your belt
- Experience in building large scale, real-time, multiplayer games
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible hybrid working
- 24 days holiday & Christmas Shutdown
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan, Life Assurance & Eye Tests
- Pension Plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 418!