BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF CONTENT
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Searchlight is SEGA Europe’s incubation programme. We support, nurture, and help studios to bring their game visions to market. Our mission is to create real long-term partnerships with quality studios who have great ideas and want to make great games.
The Partnerships Manager role is responsible for finding great development talent, managing the evaluation process, and building partnerships to elevate SEGA Searchlight’s profile in the industry. You will be working in partnership with the Head of Content to identify great development talent and will be assisting with representing these great teams internally, to be their champion. As the Content & Partnerships Manager, you will be the developer facing ambassador of SEGA Searchlight & will be assisting with shaping the future of SEGA Searchlight’s outreach efforts.
Evangelist of SEGA Searchlight
- Heighten the profile of SEGA Searchlight, establishing it as the destination that independent development teams and studios approach to partner with.
- Promote SEGA Searchlight and its projects internally with a view to maximise collaboration and value addition from other internal departments.
- Responsible, alongside Head of Content, for sourcing quality game publishing opportunities that align with Searchlight’s long term partnership strategy.
- Act as a first point of contact to independent developers and manage inflow of new opportunities.
- Attend industry events globally and virtually to build SEGA Searchlight’s profile and source new opportunities.
- Drive relationships with event partners to ensure SEGA Searchlight is attending developer gatherings relevant to the profile of developers the organisation is seeking.
- Contribute to internal reporting on department progress.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Searchlight outreach strategy and process.
Evaluation Process & Account Management
- Drive the logistics of the evaluation process, involving scheduling, preparing documentation for review, and championing potential projects.
- Work with key stakeholders in other departments, e.g. Market Research and Consumer Insights to ensure key evaluation deliverables are on time.
- Maintain ongoing business relationships with development partners.
Developer Relations and Contract Negotiations
- Contribute to best practices in maintaining contract terms and documents
- Support in negotiation phases with scope to take lead on certain publishing agreements in future
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working for a third-party video games publisher/developer or games industry event organiser (preferred).
- Demonstrable experience communicating regularly with senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Project management and cross divisional collaboration experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and able to adapt to different audiences, e.g. developers, executive management, publishing partners, press and consumers.
- Experience relationship building and managing accounts within a professional setting.