From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
The Funcom team consists of over 200 people located in 3 different studios (Norway, US, and Portugal). As part of Funcom’s ongoing expansion, the company is strengthening its in-house marketing department with several new positions, among those a Partnerships Manager.
Your Mission in Funcom
Funcom is looking for a Partnerships Manager to join our team's mission of creating awareness for all Funcom games. This role would report to the Marketing Director and will work closely with the marketing team based in Oslo, Norway. Permanent location for this role is ideally Oslo but other Funcom studios or remote work can be considered.
The Partnerships Manager is someone with a strong commercial background, who is able to build value for Funcom and our partners both strategically and operationally. In this role, you will take lead on a wide range of different partnerships, from commercial to promotional, with global and regional partners. You will maintain ongoing collaboration by engaging in high-level discussions and following up and executing campaigns. You will be Funcom’s main contact and ambassador for our commercial partners by presenting and communicating updates, roadmaps, product overviews, and more. You will work with the marketing team to develop and execute promotional partnerships, and you will work with the sales team to create and execute campaigns that can increase growth and revenue.
The Partnerships Manager is excellent at ensuring both external and internal communication is up to date, and that all parties are included in discussions relevant to them.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Maintain relationships and keep an open line of communication with key commercial partners in the global gaming industry including first parties
- Work with partners by following up and executing on campaigns and other opportunities
- Ensure internal teams are fully up to date on plans and activities, as well as keeping partners informed about Funcom roadmaps, titles, and activities
- Be the flagbearer for Funcom titles among partners, selling in projects and ensuring all avenues for potential collaboration are explored
- Engage with potential publishing partners globally, from exploring options to developing deals and negotiating contracts
- Represent Funcom at industry events and in meetings with key commercial partners
- Working with the sales, marketing, and creative teams to capitalize on strategic partnerships
- Maintain relationships with external partners, meeting with them regularly both online and at industry events
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the gaming industry
- Proven experience in sales, marketing or another commercial capacity within the gaming industry, preferably on the developer/publisher side, alternatively with a first party platform
- The ability to work strategically, and the passion to execute
- The ability to combine creative thought with a data-driven approach
- Both excellent proactive and reactive communication skills, with a strong ability to present insight and strategies to argue for your decisions and recommendations
- Experience with business negotiations and contract reviews
- Passion for video games and the gaming industry
- Be available for travel, sometimes extensively
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. Our headquarters in Oslo, Norway has a strong international work culture, and is located in one of the happiest countries in the world! For more about our studio locations, visit Life at Funcom
For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life-balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality. We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.